- The Collector will utilize various collection strategies and methodologies, attempt to contact consumers in order to negotiate payment in full or payment arrangements on debt within federal, state and client collection guidelines and laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize various skip tracing techniques strategies to locate right parties
- Provide direct and support services to customers in a manner that is consistent with protocol and Professional Placement Services’ mission and values.
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service over the phone with our external customers.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma and six months relevant experience is preferred
- Previous experience in customer service, collections is preferred but will train the right candidate.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly, utilizing proper grammar and telephone etiquette is preferred
- Prior PC and keyboard knowledge is preferred
- Employee has contact with individuals within their department and extensive external contact with consumers
- Employee works in an office environment. Employee sits at a desk during regularly scheduled work hours; answers and makes telephone calls using compliant communication technology; types on a standard keyboard; uses a standard mouse; reads and comprehends information from a computer terminal and/or written resources.
- Full time employment available, shifts may vary.
Monday – Thursday 8am – 8pm
Friday 8am – 5pm
Saturday 8am – 12pm
- The Collector Assistant will utilize various call strategies and methodologies, attempt to make contact with consumers within federal, state and client collection guidelines and laws.