Collection Account Representative
- The Collector will utilize various collection strategies and methodologies, attempt to contact consumers in order to negotiate payment in full or payment arrangements on debt within federal, state and client collection guidelines and laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize various skip tracing techniques and collection strategies to locate right parties in order to negotiate payment arrangements on high collectability or value accounts.
- Negotiate payment terms and methods when right party is reached. The process often requires reviewing the account information in database, and/or asking probing questions of the consumer in order to better understand potential objections to payment.
- Overcome stalls and objections & suggest money sources for debt payment
Utilize payment options (credit cards, direct checks) and secure this information so that administrative services can process
- Negotiate settlements outside of normal guidelines if authorized, negotiate payment arrangements over a longer span of time than normal, and recommend accounts for close within certain guidelines.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma and six months relevant experience is preferred
Previous experience in customer service, sales, collections, or a related role is preferred
- Knowledge of 3rd Party disclosure and FDCPA, and the ability to be licensed in all states is preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly, utilizing proper grammar and telephone etiquette is preferred
- Prior PC and keyboard knowledge is preferred
- Ability to compute basic math calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages is preferred
- Employee has contact with individuals within their department and extensive external contact with consumers
- Employee works in an office environment. Employee sits at a desk during regularly scheduled work hours; answers and makes telephone calls using compliant communication technology; types on a standard keyboard; uses a standard mouse; reads and comprehends information from a computer terminal and/or written resources.
- Full time employment available, shifts may vary.
Monday – Thursday 8am – 8pm
Friday 8am – 5pm
Saturday 8am – 12pm
- PPS offers comprehensive benefit programs, including competitive industry compensation, including base hourly wage plus commission/bonus opportunities, attendance and quality incentives, comprehensive health insurance benefits, dental, vision, life, paid time off including holidays, personal time and vacation time.